What is the internal structure of the motorcycle exhaust pipe muffler?
1. Identifying exhaust leaks is very simple. If it exceeds your daily exhaust sound, it can be judged as a leak.
2. With the increase in engine speed, abnormal noise is its main feature.
3. Replacing the exhaust pipe gasket is very simple. Always keep the "rust removal lubricant".
4. It is normal for the exhaust pipe interface to leak, as long as there is no air leakage, no abnormal noise. First,
How to determine if the exhaust pipe is leaking?
1. When the engine is idling, there is an obvious "poof" sound of air leakage. As the speed increases, the abnormal sound is very loud and continuous.
2. The closer the air leak is to the engine, the stronger it will be.
3. After the motor is running, you can feel the airflow near the air leak with your hands.
4. Local blackening, water leaks and other conditions.
Second, what should be paid attention to when disassembling the exhaust pipe?
The removal of the exhaust pipe is relatively simple. However, attention must be paid to the disassembly and assembly of the fixing bolts. Lubricating rust remover is the main auxiliary product for disassembling exhaust pipe bolts. Spare bolts must also be prepared prior to disassembly.
1. The more leaks depend on the engine, the higher the temperature, the louder the sound. If it has air leaks, there will be blackening.
2. The lower the temperature, the lower the sound, water leakage.
3. The temperature of the exhaust pipe is extremely high, so it is avoided during the leak detection process. Bolt disassembly skills: Affected by high temperature ablation, the exhaust pipe bolt has a high degree of corrosion. Strictly speaking, the bolts are replaced after disassembly, and they are all disposable bolts. To prevent bolt breakage during disassembly, the lubricating rust remover must be allowed to fully penetrate the corrosive area of the bolt. And the disassembly follows the principle of "one loose and two tight", that is, loose once, tighten twice. As can be seen from the figure, due to the influence of extrusion and high temperature, the old exhaust pipe interface pad has been deformed and thinned, which will cause air leakage at the exhaust pipe interface. Most of the gaskets are made of this inner layer structure of asbestos, which has the ability to resist high temperatures.
But it is not waterproof, whether to replace it should be judged according to the following points:
1. No air leakage and abnormal noise at the interface, only water leakage: no need to replace.
2. There are air leaks and abnormal noise at the interface: tighten the bolts.
3. If the air still leaks, it needs to be replaced. After replacing the tailpipe: Replace the tailpipe liner. After high temperature ablation, it can be seen that the old exhaust pipe gasket has experienced severe high temperature discoloration. This exhaust gasket is made of full metal material for high durability.
However, regardless of the point of the exhaust pipe, avoiding the following behaviors can effectively extend the service life:
1. Avoid scratches: Exhaust pipe joint distortion caused by deformation is the most serious problem affecting the exhaust pipe joint.
2. After replacing the exhaust pipe, the bolt tightening torque is insufficient: it causes local air leakage and joint ablation.
Second, common misunderstandings
1. Exhaust pipe leak. Many novice drivers find that the bottom of the exhaust pipe is leaking. I felt the vehicle leaking oil, panicked. In fact, it is the drain hole of the exhaust pipe. It's not his fault, so we don't have to worry.
2. Exhaust interface leakage As mentioned above, the exhaust interface pad does not have good water resistance. As long as there is no air leakage and abnormal noise at the interface, the water leakage is also normal and does not need to be treated. Write at the end: When we hear that the noise of our car's engine is getting louder, it is probably caused by the leak of its exhaust pipe. With the above inspection methods, we can find the location of the leak simply and conveniently by simply replacing the corresponding gasket. You don't have to go to the 4S shop because of this little problem, and are likely to be treated as prey for "small problems and big fixes".